Professionals Fyson & Associates
96 Brookman Street Kalgoorlie
08 9080 9200
08 9021 5187Contact us
[Last updated: 12 March 2014]
1. Vasad Pty Ltd atf the Vasad Unit Trust t/as Fyson and Associates is committed to complying with its obligations under the Privacy Act, 1988 and the associated Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Application of the APPs to this Real Estate Agency
2. We are bound by the APPs either as a consequence of being an organisation with an annual turnover of more than $3 million or due to the fact that we derive a benefit, service or advantage by the collection or disclosure of information and opinions about individuals whose identity is apparent or can be ascertained.
3. We will not collect personal information unless it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
4. Our designated Privacy Officer is:
PO Box 10329
KALGOORLIE WA 6430
Ph: 08 9080 9200
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
5. We, through our Privacy Officer, are happy to provide further details as to the extent to which we are required to comply with the APPs should any person wish. Alternatively, further details of the obligations imposed upon organisations under Australia’s privacy laws can be obtained directly from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (Commissioner) or by reference to the APPs and the Commissioner’s associated guidelines at www.oaic.gov.au.
The types of information held by this Real Estate Agency
6. The type of personal information held by us includes the following:
Ways in which this real estate agency collects personal information
7. This real estate agency collects personal information:
The primary purpose for which this real estate agency holds information
8. We hold the information referred to above for the purpose of enabling us to conduct the services that we provide to our customers, sellers, buyers, lessors and tenants, to enable us to market the provision of those services and to conduct our business. In particular:
Right to gain access to personal information held by this real estate agency and our complaints handling processes
9. Information that is stored by us about an individual is stored in a reasonable state of security.
10. Pursuant to the APPs, persons have certain rights to obtain access to personal information held by us with respect to that individual. Subject to the relevant exemptions contained in the APPs and subject to an individual providing sufficient proof of his or her identity this real estate agency will provide access to information that it holds relating to an individual. This real estate agency reserves the right to charge a fee for the provision of this information based on the administrative cost of supplying the information requested. Further details as to these costs and the ability to access information held by us can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer.
11. This real estate agency requests, for the purposes of clarity, that any requests for access to personal information be made in writing addressed to the agency’s Privacy Officer.
12. We will generally provide access to information by providing to the individual concerned copies of relevant documents. Where, for reasons of volume or otherwise, providing copies of documents is not practical, we will make arrangements for the individual concerned to attend at our offices to carry out a physical inspection.
13. Wherever possible, we will provide copies of documents or access to the information that we hold with respect to an individual within 14 days of the receipt of the relevant request. In the case of more complex requests we will endeavour to provide access to the information within a period of 30 days.
14. If individuals believe that information held relating to them is incorrect they are entitled to request, by contacting our Privacy Officer, that we correct that information.
15. Should we believe that we are entitled to refuse a request to access information or to make corrections we will provide written reasons for our decision.
16. If you are dissatisfied with the manner in which we deal with your personal information or should you wish to make a complaint regarding our compliance with privacy laws, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing.
17. All written complaints received should be allowed a reasonable time for a response. Complaints will be reviewed by the Privacy Officer and the Managing Director, and the complainant contacted to discuss the matter, with further action to be taken if deemed necessary and appropriate. If the complaint progresses, then the complaint may then be taken to a recognised external dispute resolution scheme, and then lastly, if still not resolved, the complaint may be taken to the OAIC.
Information Destruction Practices
18. The destruction of personal information (for example, unsuccessful applications) is carried out by the information being placed into a secure receptacle and disposed of appropriately by a third party contractor who specialises in confidential document destruction
19. Should any person wish to obtain further information with respect to the type of personal information we hold, the purposes for which we use that information and/or the way in which we manage that information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details set out above.